Alkaline water purifiers have gained popularity in recent years due to the claimed health benefits associated with consuming alkaline water. These purifiers not only remove impurities from water but also raise its pH level, making it more alkaline.
HOW DO ALKALINE WATER PURIFIERS PROVIDE YOU WITH CLEAN AND ALKALINE DRINKING WATER?
- Filtration Process: Alkaline water purifiers incorporate a multi-stage filtration process to remove various contaminants from the water. This typically includes sediment filtration to remove larger particles, activated carbon filtration to remove chlorine and organic compounds, and often a reverse osmosis (RO) membrane to remove dissolved impurities such as heavy metals and bacteria. This filtration process ensures that the water is free from harmful substances, providing a safer drinking water source.
- Alkalization: After the filtration process, alkaline water purifiers employ an additional step known as alkalization. This step typically involves the use of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which are added to the purified water. These minerals react with the water, increasing its pH level and making it more alkaline.
- Ionisation: Some alkaline water purifiers also incorporate an ionisation process. Ionisers use an electrolysis chamber where the water is passed through electrically charged plates. This process separates the water into two streams: alkaline water and acidic water. The ionisation process is believed to create antioxidant properties in the water, which can neutralise free radicals in the body.
- pH Adjustment: Alkaline water purifiers typically allow users to adjust the pH level of the water according to their preference. This feature enables customization of the water's alkalinity to suit individual needs and taste preferences.
- Additional Features: Many alkaline water purifiers also come equipped with additional features, such as built-in water dispensers, water cooling or heating capabilities, and digital displays to monitor the pH level and filter life. These features enhance convenience and usability for users.
Alkaline water purifiers work by combining a multi-stage filtration process with alkalization and, in some cases, ionisation. They remove impurities from the water and raise its pH level to make it more alkaline.
While proponents of alkaline water claim potential health benefits, it is important to note that scientific evidence supporting these claims is limited. Nevertheless, alkaline water purifiers provide a reliable means of obtaining clean, filtered water for daily consumption.
If you are considering an alkaline water purifier, it is advisable to choose a reputable brand, consider your specific needs, and consult with healthcare professionals if you have any underlying health conditions.